Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday: First 2012 Edition

Hello everyone! It's our first Thankful Thursday post of the new year. We both hope you're all doing well with your New Year's resolutions. However, I wish so many people didn't clog up my gym at the beginning of every year! Haha, just kidding - I want you all to be fit, just not all at one time! :)

Anyway, today is 1.5.12. That date might seem insignificant to you, but to us it's super duper important. This date is our little JJ's birthday!! When JJ was born, I was actually babysitting for a woman who was having a scheduled c-section on the same date. I snuck away from my day job to see B and JJ in the hospital and then once I was done babysitting, there was no way you could get me away from my JJ. :)

In case you haven't noticed: Brandi is JJ's mom, life-giver, caretaker, kisser of booboos, and Meig (me) is JJ's godmother, Auntie, tickle-friend, and snuggle buddy. JJ is a pretty important part of our lives. All my nieces and nephews are important to me (I have seven of them), and each one of us has our own little thing. I love every one of them equally and separately. I love them all together.

Me with JJ in the hospital the day after she was born. Look at all that hair!!

Today I am most thankful for the gift of godmotherhood, though. For the chance to experience something so much more than being an auntie. Who knows if I'll ever be a mom. I'm not betting on or against it. I'm letting the cards fall as they may, but for right now I've got loads of little people in my life that I love just as much as I would if they were mine. I've also got the opportunity to have a special connection with JJ. She and I sit and laugh together for hours (ask B, I'm sure it gets annoying). Whenever she sees me, she runs to me. She gets excited to know she gets to spend time with me (and I get excited to spend time with her!).



Before she was born, B and T said that JJ and I could do swimmy lessons together. That would be our time together. It was so much fun. Not only did JJ learn to trust the water, but she learned to trust me. She learned that Auntie Meig will be there all the time. She learned that no matter what, I will always give hugs and kisses. She learned that she can depend on me. Those lessons were more than swimming lessons, they were trust lessons and I'm so grateful that I got to be a part of that. I can't wait for our next round of lessons when she learns to jump off the side of the pool into my arms!! EEE!!! (Oh, B, you weren't supposed to read that...heh.) I wouldn't trade a single minute of her life for anything. She's my princess. My doll baby. My goddaughter.

Photo by Suzy Forshey Photography

Thank you, Brandi and Tony for giving me the best gift anyone could ever get. I'm so blessed to have you in my life and have the joy of your child. Being her godmother just makes it that much better.

Happy birthday, princess (even though you can't read this or know it exists yet - maybe someday you'll read it). Auntie loves you. <3


Linking up here:

No comments: