Monday, March 12, 2012

Fleece hat turned slippers

I don't think I can call this a tutorial but anyway I thought I would share with you what I did.


Here is a plain fleece hat, I don't remember where or why we had this hat but it didn't get worn because we all wear homemade and silly/cute hats in this house.


So I flattened it out and laid a pattern out on it. There was enough room for all the pattern pieces plus a scrap of extra.
 Here are the pieces
 Julie is especially proud of these because she "helped" me sew them. Since she no longer takes naps if I want to sew I have to find inventive ways to entertain her so she sat on my lap and I showed her where she could hold the fabric for me.


And then we added some puffy paint to the bottom for some traction.
Ignore the silly cat and airplane... puffy paint isn't easy to draw with ;)


No comments: