Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Accidental Hooded Cowel

Originally this was going to be a hoodie for Julie but since she was sleeping while I was sewing I couldn't try t on as I went. I was using one of her store bought shirts as a pattern and I made the sleeves too tight.


Instead of just scrapping the whole thing I turned it into a hooded cowel. Perfect!


It got me thinking, I bet if she had a hoodie she has grown out of I could easily make one of these with it to get a little more life out of it.


I trimmed it with lace and she loves it and that makes me happy. We got her new coat at Old Navy over the weekend, they had a sale it was only $15!


I love this owl fabric so much I wish I had gotten more. It is from Joann's and its soft stretchy knit.

Today I am linking up here:



2 comments:

Kara {me and elna} said...

Such a cutie! :)

Kilee Nickels said...

The cowl turned out darling! It looks perfect with her new coat. Thanks for linking up this week!

Kilee