Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial: Guitar Strap


Hi everyone! Today I'm going to share some quick instructions to make a super easy guitar strap. I screwed up and forgot to take pictures in the middle, but I hope my description helps. If not, let me know and I'm more than happy to help!

Here goes:


First, obtain a cheap guitar strap and remove the part pictured above in the top right photo so that it releases the old fabric and then take the whole thing apart (remembering how it was so you can put it back together).

Cut two strips of fabric that are 2.5" x 60" (you will likely have to piece the fabric together to get it that long - just make sure that it's about 60" long when you're done piecing together) and fusible fleece that is the same size.

I used printed fabric and a tshirt (if you use a tshirt, be sure when you sew to put the printed fabric down and use a ball point needle).


Place your two fabrics right sides together and iron the fleece onto one of them (I ironed mine onto the cotton) and pin it all together (using LOTS OF PINS).

Sew with a 1/4" seam allowance.


Turn your tube right side out, press, top stitch, then re-assemble your strap. Sandwich one end in the part of the leather/pleather you pulled apart and sew it back together, and then sew the other end in the middle ring (how it was before).

And there you have it. One fancy, schmancy guitar strap!





No comments: