Monday, May 21, 2012

Made it Monday


Hello everyone out there in the internets! I hope you all had a great weekend. I can't wait for my 3 day weekend coming up. I have lots of plans and family coming into town. Yay!

I only recently found all the parts to my sewing machine so I haven't really been sewing. I did hem a pair of suit pants at midnight on Thursday night because my friend needed them for a wedding on Saturday.

I've been making a lot of this:
 Strawberries are so sweet right now that they don't need any sugar at all. I absolutely love eating angel food cake with strawberries and cool whip. Yum. :) I also made the cake with my new (too small) angel food cake pan. So now we know I need to only put half the batter in it. Haha.

I planted my herbs that Brandi got for me at Lowe's. I've been tending them rather well, too. I've also used some of the basil already. I need to chop off that cilantro and make some pico de gallo!

Brandi and I snagged this beauty off the curb. It was missing a few screws on the bottom which my dad fixed (love him!) and I wiped it down...

Gave it a coat of homemade chalk paint [same method as with my door table (1c flat latex paint & 2tbsp unsanded grout)] in Tropical Rainforest green:

LOVE!! 
We (meaning my dad...hehe) are going to cut the legs down to make it coffee table height and use it as a coffee table in my living room. I need to paint the doors and legs, but the bugs were attacking us like crazy! (See below photo of my puppers looking super adorable and being so super good while I painted. He kept shaking his head and swatting at those crazy little buggies.)

I am ALMOST finished with a special order for a dear friend in New Zealand. I can't wait to finish it up but my hands have been sore lately so I've been slow in getting the hat finished.

So, that's what I've been up to lately. What have you been creating?


No comments: