Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial: Mason Jar Coozy


Today I'm going to share another crochet pattern with you. I recently purchased a Cuppow. If you don't know what that is, you better find out and get yourself one ASAP. It's the best thing since sliced bread! No joke! I'm completely obsessed with it and use mine every day.

I got some pint sized wide mouth jars to use for coffee with my Cuppow and wanted to have something to keep my hand from being burnt AND keep my coffee warm longer so I crocheted a coozy! It fits on any pint-sized mason jar so feel free to use it for anything even if you don't have a Cuppow (but you still should get one!).

Start with a magic circle.
7 sc in magic circle
2 sc in each st around (14)
1 sc in next st and 2 in next st around (21)
1 sc in next 2 st and 2 in next st around (28)
Sc around (28)
Sc around in back loop only (blo) (28)
7-9 rows of hdc around (28) (until you get it as high as you'd like it)
Finish off by sc in next st, sl st in next and bind off. Sc around in contrasting color or sc around before binding off in the same color.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask!


No comments: