Friday, September 9, 2011

"Paul Newman Chicken" on Foodie Friday!

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to share one of my favorite recipes with you! Best part: it's a one pan meal! Second best part: it's a derivative of one of my mom's creations! We call it "Paul Newman Chicken" in our house because we generally make it with Paul Newman's salad dressing. Our favorite is the Parmesan and Roasted Garlic, but the Olive Oil and Vinegar will do, too. Today, however, I'm sharing the recipe using Kraft Balsamic Vinegar because that's what I had on hand (the other best part of this recipe - you can use what you have on hand!!).

"Paul Newman Chicken"

Fresh green beans (I usually use about 3/4lb)
Red potatoes (if you use the little ones - use about 10, if you use the big ones, use about 5)
Chicken breasts (I usually use about 2)
Salt/pepper
Salad dressing



First, throw your chickens into the pan with a little EVOO to get them mostly cooked:

Make sure you're rocking out to some good tunes in the kitchen:

Then, wash your produce and prep it:

Once you have everything prepped, chop up your chickens (mine are frozen so I partially cook them to un-freeze then cut up and throw them back in to cook a bit more) and throw them back in the pan to brown a bit more - don't let them cook too much because you'll end up with dry chickens. Put a little salad dressing on at this stage and salt/pepper a smidge (yep - technical term):

Feel free to give the pups a treat while this stage is in process:

Once your chickens are cooked to almost completion, put in the potatoes (because they take longer to cook), and then cover the pan so they steam a bit:

Stop for a wine break...

When the potatoes are easy enough to cut with the spatula but not cooked enough to fall apart, put in the green beans:

Voila! There you have it! Super easy, yummy, and is great for leftovers! I like to sprinkle a little parmesan cheese on the bowl before devouring it.

I hope you all have a great weekend planned! It's football season!! This weekend is the home opener for Cleveland and they're playing the Bengals. Brandi and I will be on the edge of our seats as it's our teams going head to head (she's Bengals; I'm Browns).

2 comments:

karen said...

Nice work! I do like to use Paul Newman Balsamic along with the Olive Oil and Vineagar - and the Kraft 3 Cheese instead of just Parmesan gives the dish a bit more kick! Now I'm officially hungry for this! ;-)

Brandi said...

MMMmmmmmm! One of my favorite dishes you make!