Friday, October 14, 2011

Foodie Friday- Linky Party!

Hi everyone! Have you been doing any Fall baking? Today I am sharing with you a recipe I tried out yesterday.


 Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies by: Scrambled Hen Fruit


These were so very messy to make but in the end definitely worth it. If you try this recipe definitely read through the whole thing first. She gives advice about the cooling process so that they don't fall apart or stick to the parchment paper. The only thing I did differently was I used whole wheat flour instead of all purpose.

My advice would be to make sure you don't make them too large. I usually make big cookies because I'm impatient with scooping batter but my first batch out of the oven I had issues with.


You can see because I made them too big the caramel didn't distribute right and when I tried to pick them up the caramel stayed and I had to pick it off the parchment paper and stick it back in.

The next ones turned out great!

You can tell I don't really make an effort to make them all the exact same size. I don't see the importance of making them the same size and sometimes I want a smaller or bigger one :)

 That's Julie in the background mad at me because I wasn't giving her a cookie as fast as she expected.
 They are so gooey and yummy. I made some without caramel in them too for my husband, he is weird and doesn't like caramel.



So, now's your turn to share some of your favorite recipes, food tricks, etc. with us! Please don't link up etsy shops, giveaways, or other such things. Please just link up blog posts of your own. Also, please put our button in your post or on your page somewhere.





No comments: