Monday, October 24, 2011

Made it Monday


Hi everyone! I'm going to share with you some of the things I made the last couple weeks. It's been insanely busy around here and this is just a little bit of what I've done, but I wanted to share my favorites with you.

First, I made two cowgirl vests for my coworker's granddaughter's for a birthday party:

I found three-packs of frames at Target on clearance for $4 so I grabbed one and did a little re-framing. The painting in the middle was done by Brandi. It's my favorite painting of the two (yep - two) paintings in my house. The photos flanking it are ones that I took in Ireland and England when I was there.


This isn't something I made, but I wanted to show you how Raj helps me work. I was crocheting a hat and he was snoozing - taking up more than his fair share of the couch, too!


We got a request for a custom order in the shop. Sue loved our penguin hat but needed it in her size so I made this one for her. She should be getting it this week! She's going to be a penguin for Halloween! Cute! (Pattern by Micah Makes: www.micahmakes.com)


This is one of the two monkey hats that will be for a friend's twins. This is the girl version, boy version is chocolate brown and blue. I love this hat so much, it might appear in the shop!


Last, but not least, this is a 'Wal-Mart' vest I made for friends at church. They're going to be greeters for Halloween and asked me to make them some vest. I screwed up the first ones and this is the successful one. Oh well, trial and error, right?


I hope you all had a great weekend! I'm off to finish up a few more projects here. Feel free to share with us things you've done recently. We love to see your ideas!!

No comments: