Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tuesday Ten - Around the World

Hello everyone! Today I'm going to share with you 10 cities that I absolutely love. I've been to all of them, and some of the pictures below have me in them simply because I was limited on my photo choices because all my pictures from my travels abroad are on my laptop which is broken. :( Anyway, here are 10 of my favorite cities that I've visited (in no particular order):

1. Baja California, MX. Technically not a city, but I absolutely love everything about Baja Cali. It's so beautiful and the people are just plain wonderful.


2. Brighton, UK. I love everything about this city. The beach wasn't sand, the roads were windy and twisty, the buses were amazing, the people were delightful, the food and drinks were fantastic, and it was a great place to live. I'm so glad I got the opportunity to spend a semester in this awesome city. I miss it!

3. Caja de Muertos, PR. Again, technically not a city but an island. There's a turtle reserve on the other side! It's so pretty. I loved being here. :)

4. Chicago, IL. Ahh! I love the Cubbies! :) I'm a #1 Indians fan, but I've still got a soft spot in my heart for the Cubs! I also love everything about Chicago. I can't get enough of that place! Museums, stores, restaurants, diversity, wind, snow, the Navy Pier...such a great place! I need to get back there and visit friends and family very soon!

5. Cleveland, OH! I am a huge Cleveland Browns fan, but I'm also a huge fan of anything local! Since I live in Akron, Cleveland is considered 'local' for me. Drew Carey had it right: Cleveland Rocks!

6. Crystal Cove Park, CA. I visited this part of the coast one day when I was visiting my brother a few years ago. My sister-in-law suggested I check it out and boy was she right - it's gorgeous! Even on a dreary day, it was still breathtaking.

7. Edinburgh, UK (Scotland). One of my favorite trips. Diana (pictured below on the left) and I took a weekend trip up to Edinburgh and it was one of the best trips ever. We had such a great time exploring. We even tried haggis (never again)!!

8. Indianapolis, IN. I visit Indy A LOT. I have lots of friends and family there so I'm visiting at least 3-4 times a year. This is my favorite part, though. Mass Ave has some really great shops including Silver in the City and Three Dog Bakery. I love the eclectic nature of Silver in the City - nothing is boring there. You can find just about anything! I picked up a cute little change purse for Brandi and I to use at the craft show on my last trip there. Raj gives Three Dog Bakery his paw of approval. He *loves* their treats and thanks me for my visits. :)

9. Munich, DE. I have a very good friend who lives in Munich and I visited her a couple times while I was living in Brighton. I loved Germany. It was a little difficult to manage given the fact that I don't speak German, but I found that there were many who were willing to help because I was at least trying to tell them I didn't speak German...in German (the worst German known to man, no less). I can't wait to get back there to visit again!

10. Stratford Upon Avon, UK. This is Shakespeare's house. We went to Stratford Upon Avon for a weekend trip and stayed in one of the cutest B&Bs ever. We got to see the Royal Shakespeare Company perform Great Expectations (one of my favorite books - yes, I have like a million favorite books...) and wander around the historical town. It's a delightful place and I really wish I can get back there to spend more time exploring all the history it holds.

So, there you have it! 10 of my favorite cities. I hope you enjoyed reminiscing with me. Now I want to hop on a plane and go everywhere!! I hope you're all having a great week. Happy Tuesday!


Today we’re linking up with Miss Mommy, Oh Amanda, and It's a Crafty Life!

Top Ten {Tuesday}Photobucket

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You've really done some travelling! I love the eclectic mix of cities that you enjoyed. Although I haven't visited any of them, we do have a Three Dog Bakery in my hometown and it is THE place to go for doggie treats :)

Unknown said...

Great list - I've been to Edinburgh, Munich and Stratford-upon-Avon from your list.

I might "borrow" this idea for a top ten tuesday post myself one week :)

Have you been to Ireland yet? I highly recommend it!!!! (Hi from Ireland!)

I'll be adding Atlanta to my list in the next 2 weeks - can't wait!

Leslie said...

Wow Beautiful photos! Those are all amazing places to travel. I haven't traveled much but hope to in the future

Jazmin @ My Little Memory Jar said...

Beautiful selection of photos.

♥Jazmin