Friday, October 28, 2011

Foodie Friday Linky Party

This is the last Foodie Friday for October. Meig and I are big fans of Thanksgiving so I am not sad to see October go because that means turkey day is around the corner. We are planning currently planning for a low key Thanksgiving with some awesome family and friends and ofcourse Meig's famous pumpkin cheesecake! I am a huge fan of pumpkin but I admit I may have over done it this season. So I am doing one more pumpkin recipe and then I am cutting myself off from pumpkin until Thanksgiving day.

ROasting pumpkin seeds is super easy and you can flavor them similar to popcorn. They can be salty or sweet or both but this is how I make mine.

1 large pumpkin's worth of seeds (about a cup and a half) rinsed.

Coat them in olive oil

Add 2 tsps sugar, and 2 tsps salt

lay them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over them (just a little)

bake at 250 degrees for an hour and a half.

Now enjoy.

Did you know pumpkin seeds help you sleep? They are really good for you.

Also, did you know everything tastes better from a mason jar?



These don't last long in my house they are so yummy especially right out of the oven! Have a great weekend and link up!




And now it's your turn to share some of your favorite foodie things, favorite recipes, food tricks, etc. with us! Please don't link up etsy shops, giveaways, or other such things. Please just link up blog posts of your own. Also, please put our button in your post or on your page somewhere.







3 comments:

Kristen Thornburg said...

Such great ideas!!
Loving your little blog!
New follower from the follower's fest!!

Ingrid said...

Thanks for stopping by :) I'm your newest follower. I'll keep that sleeping trick in mind!

Unknown said...

I'm a new follower from follow fest! You're so right-- everything DOES taste better from a mason jar! :)

Looking forward to what's to come.