Friday, December 16, 2011

Foodie Friday: Fancy Naan


Hi guys. Raj and Meig here. :)

I LOVE food. But then again, who doesn't? I used to be the pickiest eater ever and have since grown out of that habit and will try everything once (unless it's a baby animal, something that is too gamey or slimy - gotta have some standards...I'm really not going to try the family recipe for braised squirrel). Since I started doing that, I've become a lot more diverse in my cooking.

There is a local market that I just love going to for my groceries. It's rather crowded and difficult to manage, but it's full of scents of fresh foods and wonderful things. While I was there on my last trip, I decided I wanted to make pizza for dinner, but since I'm only one, it's silly to get big pizza shells and make a whole pizza when it's just me. Yes, I have leftovers for lunch, but I also got salami for my lunch so I didn't need leftovers. I just wanted a small pizza I could enjoy once. I saw the garlic/cilantro naan and HAD to have it.

I snagged some of my other favorite pizza toppings: basil, mozz/prov mixed shredded cheese, and garlic (yes, more garlic - hey, I wasn't planning on kissing anyone that night!).

Since everything is already cooked, I loaded it up on my pizza stone (favorite kitchen accessory) and stuck it under the broiler until the cheese got bubbly.

And there you have it!! Easiest, yummiest, pretty good for you-est, personal sized pizza ever. Raj even enjoyed some of it and gave it his drool of approval.

I can't wait to get some more naan and try other toppings!! What are your favorite pizza toppings?


Now you can link up your tasty treats. We just ask that you put our button on your page somewhere. Have a great weekend!


No comments: