Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's ALMOST Christmas!!

It's been a while since we did a real Thankful Thursday post. Lots of things have been happening in our lives and being the holiday season, many more things are happening.

Today I'm thankful for a number of things.

[source]
I'm thankful for companionship. I have realized friends who aren't really friends, and been able to find solace in the love of friends who truly are friends. I am thankful that as I go through life I have people who stick with me and don't let me go because I say one thing sideways or get a little distant. I'm so blessed to have love in my life.

[source]
I'm thankful for my love of reading. Recently, I have come across a number of 'book lists' on Pinterest and have been enveloped in the desire to swallow books whole again. I adore reading so much so that I could contentedly sit and read for days on end and not worry a bit about anything. Sometimes I wish I had a cabin in the woods where I could go to read and crochet in peace, but then I realize that the woods involve creatures that are not so friendly and possibly no indoor plumbing. Then that bubble bursts and I'm totally over it. Here and here are two lists that have captured my attention right now.

[source]
I'm thankful for my ability to create things with my own two hands. I have decided that this Christmas will be a handmade Christmas. Every gift I give will be made by me or someone else. I have done great so far. Yes, it's difficult because I'm running out of time and have so many things to do, but I'm happy because I don't have to go spend hours and hundreds of dollars in the store. I am happier with my gift choices because I know they're made with love and care.

Also, because I have chosen to do a handmade Christmas and not spend hundreds at the store, I have been able to pay off some debt. I have paid off one bill entirely and am slowly working through the rest. I am hoping that in the next few months to have paid off at least 75% of my non-student loan debt. This will free me to buy a house and be able to live within my means again. I'm thankful for a job so that I can try to get my life back in order.

So, there are a few things I'm thankful for this day. What are you thankful for?


Linking up here:

No comments: