Monday, December 5, 2011

Tuesday Tutorial: Covering Oatmeal Cans!


Hi everyone! I feel like its been a very long time since I have blogged. I have been sewing some bags for my mother in law and dealing with a toddler with a crazy sleep schedule. So today I am sharing a couple simple ways to up-cycle an oats container. First, as a headband holder.




measure around, add 1/2 in for seam allowance, thats how wide to cut your fabric


measure the height of the container add 3/4 in and thats how tall to cut your fabric.




sew a seam about 1/4 in along the bottom of your fabric.


fold fabric lengthwise with the right sides together and sew 1/4 in


trace one of the ends on the fabric and cut out that circle

with right sides together start sewing the round piece to the un-hemmed end

Turn it right side out and pull it on top of the container.


I have also used an oats container as a utensil holder.


I cut it down to the size I wanted and Mod Podged scrapbook paper around it.


Well thats just two ways to reuse an old oats container but there are so many possibilities!

Happy Tuesday everyone!


No comments: