Wednesday, November 16, 2011

About us Meig version

Long ago in a not so far away land (Akron) I snagged a job at a coffee shop called Susan's Coffee and Tea. I was excited/nervous about working there because I had no experience with coffee unless you count home brewed Maxwell House. My boss introduced me to a co-worker that would be training me. Meig was her name. She didn't smile, she looked me up and down and said "Hi" and continued sweeping the floor. She was mean! Well, not really mean I just got the vibe from her that she did not like me. I didn't know it then but she would quickly become my best friend. Once we got to know each other, I realized she wasn't mean and she realized I wasn't going to be another slacker like the other new people.

We have had such a journey together. I feel like we have grown into adulthood together.


The one thing that really stands out to me about Meig is her loyalty. Never in my life have I had a friend that always took up for me, was really honest (even when its hard to be), dependable, passionate, and committed.


This is a picture of her siblings, she has such a beautiful family inside and out. I know that they are a big part of why Meig is the great person she is, especially her parents who she adores and talks of frequently. I am so lucky that I get to spend Thanksgiving with them this year! :)

My favorite thing about Meig is her love for my daughter. She is the Godmother and Auntie of my baby girl Julie. Julie's eyes light up every time she sees her auntie and I know she has a blast when she is with her. I feel blessed to have Meig in my child's life.



Now for some fun random facts:

She's the one who makes the cute animal crocheted hats in our shop
Her usual fabric choices are brightly colored loud prints.
She always wears Crocs
She has a funny "happy dance" that one time terrified a small child in Target
She is stubborn
She is the only redhead I know that looks good in orange
She has a beautiful singing voice
She is my go-to person for picking out clothes when I need to look nice
Until a little over a year ago all she could crochet was dish cloths (Look at her now!)
She makes the best fajitas!
She has traveled all over and lived in 3 different countries
She is smart! no really, she has a masters degree to prove it!
She comes up with 1,000+ new ideas a day
Her favorite snacks are salty but she eats my sweets anyway
I prefer to call her by her full name Meighen
We have random, short, silly dance parties together
She learned to crochet in college
In the 6th grade she burned her leg with a hot glue gun working on a science project
She would eat Chipotle every day if she could
She has many sewing machines only 1 that currently works
She takes great photos
She has two nieces and five nephews and one on the way



I didn't know I wanted a sister until I found one in Meighen. My life is better with her in it.

No comments: