Monday, November 14, 2011

Made it Monday- Chapstick pouch


The only thing good about Mondays is that we get to share with you what we have been crafting. This Monday is about these cute little zippy pouches. I first discovered this tutorial on pinterest. I am slightly obsessed with making things with zippers so expect many more zips from  me.

Back in October Meig and I both participated in a Fall swap and this is where this zipper pouch story begins. The blog Needle and Spatula is where this tutorial is from. I used it to make my swap partner this:



In return (without planning) she made me one with the same tutorial. She used a very cute Halloween fabric


Well, like we always do as soon as I got the package in the mail I called Meig and like little girls we get so excited to see what we each got in our swaps. She really loved the little Halloween pouch that Ros made me and promptly told me that I was to make her one to keep her chapstick in, in her purse. Of course Meig could make herself one but that's not as fun. We both sew, crochet and other things but we still make stuff for each other too. The scarf I'm wearing in the picture above was made by Meig. I love it! There are a couple of them for sale in our shop.

Anyway, here is the one I finally got around to making her.




The inside has a little robot


How about that cute fabric? It was a laundry bag that Meig used for music camp when she was little. She gave it to me years ago and I used it until my dog chewed a big hole in it...then I saved it because I am a hoarder in training but I'm glad I did because look how cute!

So again you can find the tutorial here.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Don't forget to sign up for our giveaway! You still have a little over a week to enter!

xoxo

1 comment:

Roslyn said...

Love this tutorial! I will be making more of these as well. Love the music fabric!