Monday, November 21, 2011

Monkey Monday





Today I'm going to share some random projects that I've been working on lately. I've had a lot going on around here and have been terrible about taking pictures, sorry! I am trying to get my house in shape for family to come over on Thanksgiving and so it's been a little hectic. BUT I did snag some pictures of a few projects to share with you!!


Brandi and I found this end table sitting on the side of the road. Neglected. Sad. FREE. So we grabbed it and I decided to paint it. I looked up many different techniques, and I found this blog post with a pretty simple recipe. I headed over to Lowe's (surprised B by showing up while she was working, too!) and grabbed some non sanded grout for my project. (We had picked out the paint color together last week.)


I love how the blue looks with my red couches!! I need to put another coat on it, but I think all in all it turned out how I wanted it to.


I made this super cute little monkey hat for an order in our shop. It's for an infant and my, oh my, is that hat tiny!! I had to figure out how to make my standard rose smaller because it was almost as big as the hat!!


This is a custom order cloche hat that I made. I was asked to make a beanie, but it's so boring. She also wants a flower on it so I used my executive decision powers (she's also a very good friend of mine, so I can do things like this) and made this hat and will make the flower for her later this week. I'm also going to whip up some fingerless mitts to match. She has a cowl (this same pattern) with the same yarn and wanted a complete matching set!

So, that's what I've been up to lately. What about you? Also, make sure you sign up for our GIVEAWAY!! It ends on Thursday! :)


No comments: