Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hand Printed Fabric

I have recently been interested in designing my own fabric and so I joined this hand printed fabric swap to jump right in and give it a try.

The way it works is you gets paired in a group of 5 and each person sends out 4 fat quarters of hand printed fabric and each person receives four.

It wasn't required that we do special colors I did go ahead and use what colors each person wanted and it was no big deal because 3 out of the 4 people wanted turquoise and grey! It's funny how certain color schemes get popular around here in blogland.

Anyway, here is my first try!

She requested oranges as her colors and so I made a stamp using a potato that looked (kinda I hope!) like orange slices. I cringe seeing the imperfections on this, but I got better as I went.



This next one I hate. I added more pain drops after this picture and still was not pleased. I made the stamps out of craft foam.


This next one was created using a bottle cap as a stamp! I actually like this and am considering using this method again.


I love this one! I think these elephants are just too sweet. This was a craft foam stamp that I bought already made.


A close up :)

I learned a lot and can't wait to see what shows up at my mail box.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome - I just read an article about stamping fabric and I can't wait to try it out! Thanks for the inspiration!