Monday, June 18, 2012

Made it Monday


Happy Monday! Here is a little peek at what I've been working on lately:

 I went garage sale-ing with two girls I babysit last weekend and these are the spoils from my trip! I'm so happy with everything I got! That cute fabric was only 50 cents and it's about a yard and a half. Woohoo!

 This weekend I was in Indianapolis to celebrate my friend Cari's birthday. She wanted a strawberry cake, so I made her one. I used the recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride and my, oh my, was it delicious. I also used her recipe for buttercream icing and will never use another one again. This one did not break down like so many do and it was perfect. It might have worked out so well because I got to use their KitchenAid which is now in my kitchen because Cari got a new one! :) Best.Friends.Ever.

 YUM.
 While I was in Indy I stopped by Crimson Tate :: Modern Quilter and checked out their selection. Uh, can I just say how much I want to live there? Heather and Shelley were SUPER sweet and I want to be their best friends. I can't wait to take Brandi there! I snagged a couple fabrics for two projects and then two fat quarters. One for me and one for B.
 This fabric is going to be a skirt for Cari. Can't wait to get working on it!
Can you guess which fat quarter I got for Brandi? :)

Me and Heather in Crimson Tate. AHHHH I LOVE HER! She helped me plan out my Lorax quilt!

Anyway, back to finished projects... (you can see more pictures from my Indy weekend on my blog verrrry soon or check out my instagram feed meigheyburn)
 Elmo valance for one of the kids I babysit. He LOVES Elmo and I spotted the fabric in Wal-Mart (of all places) and stitched this up for him. :)
 My high school best friend had her first mother's day this year. I did the photography for their wedding so I wanted to incorporate that along with a picture of the baby for her gift. Their wedding song was 'All for Love' by Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart so I used some of those lyrics, too. I printed the pictures on tissue paper and then mod podged them onto the canvas. I used black paint on the edges to 'antique' it a bit.
Finally, here's the sneak peek I sent to Brandi of the secret project I made for her. She says it's not a good sneak peek because she can't tell what it is. I think that's ok. :)

Hope you are all well!

1 comment: